Coach Miguel here, and I want to take the time to explain why I love to use the TRX® Suspension TrainerTM to “set the standard” on any of our TRX® Foundational movements. Today, and over the next few weeks we are going to challenge many of your favorite SUSPENSION TRAINING® exercises, and then change the conditions to challenge your movement, using our new line of TRX® Functional Training Tools.
This circuit workout has an emphasis on the hinge, one of the TRX Foundational Movements. The key to having a successful hinge is to be sure you have maximal hip flexion, with minimal knee flexion.
As you progress through this circuit I want you to focus on being explosive from the hips. Now, that doesn’t mean you increase the speed of the movement and hope for a miracle it all works out, rather, with each exercise the aim should be to build on the previous, allowing you to train the hip hinge and be deliberate with what we at TRX refer to as, “what right looks like, and what right feels like”.
One more piece of advice to keep in mind as you go through this workout: whether the movement is focused on mobility, flexibility, strength or speed, remember to always “Chase Your Plank”. This means keep a strong plank as your foundation to all movements!
While performing the workout, remember the following:
- Complete each exercise for 40 seconds and rest for 20 seconds.
- Begin at the station 1
- Repeat each station four times before moving on to the next station.
TRX® Functional Training Workout – Hinge Circuit
- Station 1: TRX® Hamstring Curl (with Mini Band)
- Station 2: Strength Band Good Mornings
- Station 3: Strength Band Pull Up on Bar*
- Station 4: Slam Balls- Heavy Slams
Try this out, and check back in with us for more workouts!
* Be sure to have careful placement of the Strength Band below the cervical spine, the tension of the band should be placed across the uppers traps, and not pulling on the spine and surround musculature.
Miguel Vargas eats, sleeps, and breathes all things TRX®. Suspension Training® has become his passion over the past 4 years and has helped him excel in swimming, cycling, and natural bodybuilding. As a TRX coach, his only goal is to deliver exciting, challenging, and safe classes at the TRX Training Center. When he’s not teaching, he works at TRX Headquarter as the Training & Development Manager, creating new content and Instructing TRX Educational Course to Coaches across North America.